Friday, May 16, 2014

Two ways to live your life.

While reading the book Proof of Heaven (which I suggest to everyone) I came across a quote that I really loved.

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as thought nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is." Albert Einstein

I loved this. Usually I would have thought this quote was super cheesy and lame but because I have been somewhat emotional lately, I loved it. Too often I get caught up in all the problems that I am facing or the stupid little things that happen throughout the day. So I have been doing my best to really notice the little miracles in my life. This makes such a difference on how my day goes and my attitude towards everything. I know that when we focus on the good things and thank our Father in Heaven for them, the Lord will bring us even more good! I decided to start a little journal called "The Little Things" and write down tiny miracles or things that made me smile that day. (Wow I am turning into such a cheeseball and softie). And I love Elder Uchtdorf's talk from conference https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2014/04/grateful-in-any-circumstances?lang=eng 

3 comments:

  1. Your comments were wise and not at all cheesy. "The Little Things Journal" is a wonderful idea. Also, I'm glad you are liking Proof of Heaven-it contains so many great insights. I asked Emme to choose a conference talk today that we could read from. She picked Pres Uchtdorf's talk-"Grateful in Any Circumstance." You and Emme were on the same wavelength!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to have you back in the blogging world! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog....thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete