Thursday, May 15, 2014

A change needed to be made

While living in Orem with my lovely roommates and starting to figure things out on my own, I decided that I needed to change the way I was living. I wasn't a bad person by any means but I knew that I could definitely improve in several ways. We all can! After a lot of prayers, fasting, and talking with friends and family, I decided that I would put my mission papers in. It was a looonnnggg process for me but an incredible one. You know the change I wanted to make in my life, this is where it happened, in the process of submitting my mission papers. The Lord needed me in Colorado Springs! I left for the MTC on August 14th!

I loved the MTC, but sadly I left my camera on the plane over to Colorado Springs:( My parents were kind enough to send me over their old camera. My trainer and companion was Sister Valerie Steele. I bear testimony that this companionship was completely inspired. We are practically the same person. She is an angel to me and I love and miss her. 





I had an amazing zone and district and miss them all dearly. 



This is Sister Mangisi and Sister Peterson. They were the other sisters in our district. 
This is brother and sister Wiechmann! We stayed in their basement. I love them. They are so kind. Brother Wiechmann treated sister steele and I like his daughters, which we all loved. 

About 3 months into my mission, I started struggling with certain medical issues and prayed, fasted, and talked with Sister Steele, President, and my parents and decided that I needed to go home. This was one of the toughest decisions that I have ever made, but I knew it was the right decision because of the divine revelation my Savior blessed me with. It was a hard goodbye and many tears were shed. The hardest was saying goodbye to my dearest bosom friend Sister Valerie Steele. But I know that she is doing great things and she is even Sister Training Leader now! (I called that)

Coming home off my mission was a great obstacle for me but taught me a lot. It taught me to trust in my Father in Heaven even more and to know that everything will work out even if it's not how I thought it would. I am grateful for the mission I was able to serve for my Father in Heaven and the people that I was able to meet. I am so grateful that He allowed me to stay out on the mission field for almost 3 months. What a blessing. The Church is true and we are so loved!




1 comment:

  1. Those pictures of you and Sister Steele are so precious! Love you two! And I'm so glad you came for to Colorado Springs for three months - it was so fun getting to know you!

    ReplyDelete