Thursday, May 15, 2014

Twas the season to be jolly. and it was magical.

Christmas was magical. Why? Well because Christmas is the most magical holiday. My dear mother makes it even more magical with her decorations that are everywhere to be seen, I love it. Momma has always been so good with decorating. A great contribution to this magic was the fact that my ENTIRE family was there. That means there were 6 tiny humans, 15 adults, and 3 dogs. It was a party to say the least. Here are some pics of my favorite parts of the great season.
It's always good when a babe falls asleep in your arms.

Thanks Megs for letting me wear your cat sweater.

I made for a great Mary in the cat sweater. Hallee Jane was Baby Jesus, Lincoln, Sydnee,and Arthur were shepherds, and Jude was Joseph.

Jacob and Meg thought it would be funny to leave envelopes with everyones names on them and inside was a few pieces of candy. 


They thought it would be fun to doggy pile on me. 

Gross.

I am for sure his favorite sister.

Mom and Dad had fun at family pictures


Duck face!




The day after Christmas around 5 AM my Dad woke me up. He was sobbing. He told me that I needed to come upstairs cause Lucy was going to die. All of my family gathered around Lucy and cried. It was really tender and very sad. I don't think I ever seen everyone in my family cry at the same time. As Lucy was lying there in so much pain and barely breathing, she would wag her tail when my Dad or Jacob would come in the room. What a cute and thoughtful dog. We ended up taking her to the Pet Hospital to have them put her to sleep because she was basically drowning in her own fluids. They put her to sleep and Jacob and I sat in the car holding her afterwards, crying. It's crazy how much an animal can become part of the family. I can picture Loo prancing around in heaven having so much fun. (Pardon all the cheesiness)

So, Christmas was great! I sure do love my family. I am truly blessed.

1 comment:

  1. You are very good at choosing photos and writing about them. Thank you so much for doing this and sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete