Thursday, April 28, 2011

adversity.

 So i was working on my senior portfolio and i had to do a journal entry and i thought i would share one with ya'll
To Suffer is to experience or be subjected to something unpleasant or bad. Adversity is the state of hardship or affliction. Trials are inevitable, but suffering is not. For awhile in my life, I did not understand this concept. I could not find the truth in it. How could a person not suffer? But suffering is simply a choice. I use “simply” very lightly because at times suffering does not feel like a choice. Sometimes it seems to be an instinct. I would have to say that I have had my share of trials in my life. For the majority of these trials, I chose to suffer because it was what I new. I didn’t know there was another choice, but there is! It has taken me many years to recognize this. We have a choice, we have agency. This is an amazing gift. Although suffering does help us to grow and appreciate happiness. When faced with a trial we can either 1. give up and ask questions such as “why me?’, “what did I do to deserve this?”. Or 2. you can look at the trial as an opportunity to grow and bear the trial with patience. Through trials I have learned to appreciate my life. Love deeper, and wait patiently. They have shown me what love my family and friends have for me and for one another. Life is so precious and can be taken away at any moment. Agency is on the greatest gifts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment